Classification of Volcanoes
1) Active volcanoes: erupted within historical times (within the last 600 years), accounts of these eruptions were documented by man; erupted within the last 10,000 years based on analyses of datable materials.
2) Potentially active volcanoes: morphologically young-looking but with no historical records of eruption.
3) Inactive volcanoes: no record of eruptions; physical form is being changed by agents of weathering and erosion via formation of deep and long gullies.
Incoming search terms:
- map of active volcanoes in the philippines
- map of volcanoes in the philippines
- distribution of active and inactive volcanoes in the philippines
- distribution of active volcanoes in the philippines
- active and inactive volcanoes in the philippines
- distribution of volcanoes
- how are active volcanoes distributed in the philippines
- trenches in the philippines
- philippine volcanoes map